Why A Chiropractor?
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way of helping you to restore and maintain your optimal health, no matter what state your health is currently in.
- You may have an inclination that your health could improve; OR
- You may have minor symptoms like a few headaches, the odd painful period, pins and needles or too many colds; OR
- You may have major symptoms like Sciatica, migraines, or severe reflux or irritable bowel syndrome; OR
- You may have symptoms from an existing disease or condition you have been diagnosed with OR
- Your child may have some learning difficulties, attention difficulties, or behavioural issues OR
- Your baby may not be sleeping, feeding or going through expected growth and developmental stages.
These are just a few examples of when there is interference to nervous system functioning.
So whatever the symptom, Chiropractic may be able to help by reducing stress to the nervous system and allowing the body to heal and function optimally.
You have seven vertebrae in your neck. When any of those bones loose their normal position and/or motion, the nerves and blood vessels can become irritated. A headache or a stiff neck can result. Have you ever got out of bed and had trouble turning your head because of pain?
A lot of people have back pain and once you have had it you are more than likely to have it again. Poor posture and bad lifting techniques put a great deal of pressure on the vertebrae and discs of the low back. When the problem is involving nerve, then numbness and tingling may result. Sometimes it feels like a knife in your back.
The nerves that run down your arm come from your neck and must pass through your shoulder. Did you know, that muscle is the primary thing that holds your arm to your body? If muscle imbalance or joint restrictions occur then pain and numbness may result. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a good example.